1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Is Math Relevent To Reality?

Is math relevent to reality? Posted 07 January 2006
Is math relevent to reality?

He is an Enstein quote:
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

So what do you think?
Genius

Posted 07 January 2006
Math is as relevant as the mathematicians make it. It is a human activity and there are some humans who want to do relevant math and others who want to do artistic math. Relevance is not a natural characteristic of an academic discipline, but of the studies people us the discipline for.
Daskartus

Posted 05 September 2008
Because physics is involved in real life.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 15 September 2008
I believe the world is related to maths indeed. Everything, or almost everything refers to reality. The real world and every thing we touch has a mathematical explanation.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 15 September 2008
Maximus wrote:I believe the world is related to maths indeed. Everything, or almost everything refers to reality. The real world and every thing we touch has a mathematical explanation.

that's a little bit crazy. I mean, tell me: am I made of cirlces, triangles and digits? :cry:
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Maximus wrote:I believe the world is related to maths indeed. Everything, or almost everything refers to reality. The real world and every thing we touch has a mathematical explanation.

Is this Matrix ? :D
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Is math relevent to reality? Posted 16 February 2010
Learning math is learning to think. Many students (and their parents) believe that doing math requires some inherent skill and that they are missing that skill. In my experience this is incorrect. Anyone can learn to do math. Math requires both concrete and abstract thinking skills as well as logic.
joseph
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forum