1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Going To Paris This Summer

Going to Paris this summer Posted 28 February 2009
We're planning on going in August I think so this is still early planning stages. Right now I just have a few basic questions.

1) How much do you think it would cost for food for three weeks? Providing we buy food to make half (sandwiches, easy stuff) and go to cafes the rest of the time.

2) Are there any good sites to find entertainment (like concerts) in Paris? My boyfriend and I want to see a live DJ while we're there.

3) How much would a transportation pass cost? Like to ride the metro.

4) We keep hearing how it's cheap to fly into london (we live in oregon) and then go to paris. Does anyone know anything about that?

5) Any other advice about paris in august? we hear its really low key.

Thank you!
loreleicorinne
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 10 July 2009
Is wisertrip really that good a tips site? the forum's are awfully quiet
Thom
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 13 August 2009
there is a by night tour that you sould not miss! It's in a convertible car and a french english private driver comes to your hotel for the pick up. Here is the website: www.parisauthentic.com, enjoy!
Karl
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 01 October 2009
Hi
My advise about the money is to bring alot of money, you can get by spending about 60 a day on food there are alot of fresh markets, I would just go and make sandwiches and enjoy a few picnics in the many parks or along the river banks (they hardly smell as bad as they used to), Cafe's arent terribly expensive but I would suggest splurging on a few romantic meals. I saw DJ Chef there at an underground party, I asked the locals when I was there. There are always secret parties. As for the London to Paris I think that Is based on if you have a Euro Passport, but I cant be sure, ask a travel agent.

Goodluck
FlyGirl
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Going to Paris this summer Posted 28 December 2009
A basic hotel would be 150 to 200 dollars a night. Food will be 60 dollars a day per person, unless you want to eat in nice restaurants, then it's up to 200 dollars per day per person. Museums and attractions will be roughtly 20 dollars a day per person. Subway will be 10 a day per person. Your flight to France will be 600-1000 dollars per person.
Sophia sweeden
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Going to Paris this summer Posted 27 May 2010
I agree with Sophia sweeden.. Your expenses would roughly be like that. August is still pretty far, you can still have time to do some research on the net. there are a lot of sites which offer cheap tours to some of the best places and shows in Paris. Your expenses will really depend on your choice of hotels or restaurants. there are like a lot of cheap hotels in Paris, enough to give you a good night's sleep. There are a lot of bars which have live DJ's play some sick music. I think Zero Zero bar gets regular DJ's to spin for them.. :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum