1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Can You Travel To Paris From London Without A Passport?

Can you travel to Paris from London without a passport? Posted 27 January 2011
I'm a UK citizen and need to travel to Paris but I don't have my passport. Is there any way I can travel without one? Or get an emergency passport within the space of a day?? Help!! Thanks in advance!
Melkor
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Can you travel to Paris from London without a passport? Posted 27 January 2011
no.

unless you have an identification card, which i dont know if u have in france.. i know they have them in spain.
Izzy
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Can you travel to Paris from London without a passport? Posted 27 January 2011
Nope.

UK doesn't have ID cards so only a passport will do.
Ciryaher
Paris Forums Starter

Yes, if you have a drivers liscence. Try the passport office though - they should be able to process it all in a day but you will need all the right info, to wait all day and to pay more money!
Stanglethorn
Paris Forums Starter

by law no, check the home office website but customs are a law unto themselves and will make you miss your flight, ferry
NeedlessSpace
Paris Forums Starter

To travel within the EU (except for UK or Ireland if a UK citizen) you need an ID card issued by your national government, as UK does not have ID cards yet, you will need a Passport for Paris.
Bregor
Paris Forums Starter

No, but you can get a passport soon enough, I'm sure. Good luck!
Brand
Paris Forums Starter

No, you need a passport.
Haemon
Paris Forums Starter

If you can get on the train without getting caught you just might. But I don't think so. You'll need some id. And I do think you can make up some acceptable reason why you need a passport or temp passport within short time.
Egalmoth
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Can you travel to Paris from London without a passport? Posted 31 January 2011
As far as I know a valid ID card or drivers licence is enough within the Schengen countries. It is the case in the continental countries for sure, I know many people who travel without a passport. Not sure about the UK, you'd better check.
petitz
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Can you travel to Paris from London without a passport? Posted 06 February 2012
Hi there, I'm not a 100% sure but just to be safe I would have a passport with me! Good luck!
Lalia
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum