1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

What Is Love?

What is Love? Posted 13 July 2005
I'm sort of lost.....and have been wondering about Love.
What is Love?
LonelySoul

Posted 13 July 2005
LOVE

--A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

--A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

--An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.

--An expression of one's affection: To like or desire enthusiastically.

Those listed above are the answers explained directly from a dictionary. What would I say love is?

An emotion, gathered and stored by the heart and soul of each person, whether it be for another, themselves, or anything else with deep emotional attachment. It is not found, nor grown. It just comes, and is there. It warms your heart and your thoughts, and grows even more when love is given in return. For those that have said it truly doesn't exist? Your wrong, Love can whither and die, just as surely as that of the petals of a rose can, but the reason for it dying will always be an effect from yourself.

Life is not about the fairy tale version of what love is, or how it comes about, or how it ends. Love is simply a likeness for life. It too will hold troubled times, lost times, or periods of confusion, but within those, warm memories always shine through, reminding you of what a great and ominous feeling love can share. Thats the one reason why those that have lost someone or something they loved, continue to live each day. You remember what it was like, and how it could be again. Love is simple.......Love is Life......Love is just Love. There are no true definitions, for love is interpreted by each person in their own way.
CryingDevil

Posted 13 July 2005
Love is different for everyone...it is whatever you make it...

Posted 13 July 2005
I don't know exactly what it is
But I feel I will never find it...
Disperados

Posted 13 July 2005
at one time i thought i knew what love was but after the last relationship. im really starting to wonder what real love is and if i will ever know it...
Teddy Bear

Posted 13 July 2005
love to me is being there no matter what for that person, through all the ups and downs and such. even when the "feeling of sparks" wears off because you will not experience sparks every day.

Posted 04 August 2005
"cryingdevil", that was beautiful...
nodestiny

Posted 16 February 2006
Teddy Bear wrote:at one time i thought i knew what love was but after the last relationship. im really starting to wonder what real love is and if i will ever know it...

I have the same feeling. Once I thought i know what love is now I don't know.. I don't know if it even exists.
xXx
Paris forums Member

Posted 09 September 2008
Love existst. The question is how often in exists. A true love may appear rare, I would say once in 1000 cases.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 12 September 2008
Love is when you need nothing more but the person you love. When I say nothing, I mean really nothing. You only want to give and receive love!
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 17 September 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:Love is when you need nothing more but the person you love. When I say nothing, I mean really nothing. You only want to give and receive love!

that is a really rare love. It reminds me the "Romeo and Juliet" story.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 21 September 2008
Romeo and Juliet is a separate story. If such love existed, the paradise would be on Earth, here, when we are alive, not dead.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 24 September 2008
What is love?
by headdaway
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
All men should take classes about this topic uhh...
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 19 October 2008
true explanation for love:
Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection. Not so difficult isn't it? But just imagine how many consequences it lefts inside your mind...
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 26 October 2008
many boring scientists would consider us stupid because of talking about love. They want physical evidence that love exists. Actually, the wellbeing of a society is the virtual proof for the love's existence.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 31 October 2008
Scientists' duty is to be boring :)
There are things that can be explained by mathematics and exact science, and there are things that need be felt in order to be understood. If one doesn't love, he will never be happy and remain cold.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 November 2008
Maybe love is science. Just put it simple - same efforts, same disperations are thrusting you in case you lose... the same is with love.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 November 2008
It is believed that to love correctly is as difficult as the science is. that's why you might be right tulaka. However the science gives no pleasure, while love - a lot.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 16 November 2008
Well. I'm sure there are people who don't need love at all. They want science, science and again science. Everybody gets excited differently, you know.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 20 April 2009
There are so many meaning about love. It is up to you on how you experience it. For me it is like a mixture of apple and orange. Actually you didn't know what is the color and taste of it unless you didn't try it.
aimhigh
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 August 2009
just feel it
Karl
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 05 November 2009
love if friendship :)
roniie

Re: What is Love? Posted 14 November 2009
roniie wrote:love if friendship :)

you are right Roniie. Love start in friendship.
aimhigh
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 05 December 2009
Hello there I Merry Christmas to all,

I just wanna share to you all, Love

Love is any of a number of emotions related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my husband"). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.

As an abstract concept, love usually refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love, however, encompasses a wealth of different feelings, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the nonsexual emotional closeness of familial and platonic love to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love. Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.
LoiuseGuileen
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What is Love? Posted 10 February 2010
Love is more than a feeling. More than physical attraction. I breaks the rules, it is happiness and sadness. It is still an enigma to me.
leigh0180
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What is Love? Posted 04 April 2010
Love is define as such type of passion in which you wants your love one rather than all things in this universe.All beautiful and charming things like wealth etc are nothing in front of your love one.Anyhow this is my own definition of love, you have complete rights to reject my theory.
jack705
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 08 May 2010
Love is when we trust the other person more than anyone. You can send an anonymous crush to your heart throb using AAfter search box. They only disclose your identity if your crush feels the same way as you do. Here is what you need to write in the search box:
crush:your email: email of crush 1 : email of crush 2 : email of crush 3
then click web search button. Let the magic of love makes all of you happy.
shellyagal
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What is Love? Posted 18 May 2010
Love is the sole reason why a person lives. It doesn't necessarily be a love for a person, but also things,career, etc. :)
bryan
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 25 May 2010
Love is difficult to define. How do you avoid confusing it with infatuation or lust.
brillianttripsuk
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 08 June 2010
People sometimes coordinate love with lust, for sometimes they just use it as a reason. Love is definitely different from Lust. You can always express Love without Lust.
bryan
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 10 June 2010
Love is dependance,love is paying.mother's love is the greatest love in the whole world! :D
sweet ghost
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What is Love? Posted 26 July 2010
Love is willing to let go and forgive. Move on and love again.
Buddy
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What is Love? Posted 06 August 2010
Love is multual trust, love is respect, love is something that give you warmth when you are in chill
ebags-replicas
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What is Love? Posted 19 March 2012
Shame is something everybody has experienced one day or the other
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Posted 30 March 2012
love is only a feeling .
it can be feel only , it's not a physical part of body .

jonssmith3
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Romance Forum