1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Moulin Rouge

moulin rouge Posted 25 October 2005
We are visiting Paris in Decemeber and would like to see a Moulin Rouge show. Just wondering if people think it would be better to do this as part of an organised tour or on our own? Also I know that there are a couple of different shows during the night, any reccomendations as to which is the best to see?
kat

Posted 25 October 2005
I have never been to Moulin Rouge but I found this tour on the web site. It is the 10th one down. I think this company was one of the ones recommended on this site.
The advantage of a tour is central paris pick up and then pick up
at the Moulin Rouge after the show. For the money you get a tour of the city at night as well as the show.
http://paristours.france.com/paris-nigh ... p?hotelid=
I have not found any tours which include dinner if you wanted to go that route.
i do know if the seats are better with dinner rather than just going for the show and champagne or wine.
sero

Posted 13 September 2008
The best way is to go there on your own. It is more exciting then moving in groups
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 September 2008
But I heard that the region is dangerous. Therefore you should not go there alone.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 19 September 2008
Mouling Rouge can be watched in Paris all year-round. You should take it as part of an organized tour if you come to Paris for the first time.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Mouling Rouge is a show as in the movie right?
Or does it differ?
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 30 October 2008
The are around the Moulin Rouge is perfectly safe if you stay on the main street.
aneasytouch
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 31 October 2008
A real moulin rouge show involves about 100 artists, 1000 costumes made in the most expensive Parisian shops. It also needs 80 musicians and 60 chorus singers
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 07 November 2008
I hope some day I can visit it too!
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 08 November 2008
why don't you barca? It's not expensive. A MG show costs about 30 euros (well if you appreciate theater this money is not big)
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

are the moulin rouge shows in english? Posted 02 August 2009
What language are they in? English? If not, do we need to understand french in order to enjoy the show?
michiyo

Posted 13 August 2009
no you can enjoy the show easily no worries. People dance and sing... but you don't have to understand french to enjoy the "french cancan"!
the best way to reach the moulin rouge is to take a cab or book a by night tour so they pick up at your hotel and drop you at the moulin! http://www.parisauthentic.com/english/t ... -tour.html some tour company are very nice and friendy with french english drivers! Hope it will help you! bye
Karl
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 29 September 2009
You should enjoy it with a companion over a nice glass of Merlot
when you are done there you must see Crazy Horse. Fantastic entertainment!
FlyGirl
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: moulin rouge Posted 03 February 2010
Yep..correct,,,The best way is to go there on your own. It is more exciting then moving in groups
goodgod
Paris Forums Starter

Re: moulin rouge Posted 09 February 2010
Moulin Rouge is a cabaret built in 1889 by Joseph Oller, who also owned the Paris Olympia. The Moulin Rouge is best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance by the courtesans who operated from the site.
Alvinmark
Paris Forums Starter

Re: moulin rouge Posted 10 February 2010
I saw Moulin Rouge last year. I knew the general idea but overall I had no idea what to expect in terms of overall.

A great time and highly recommend to all considering it. Worth every penny.
VelvetJoe
Paris Forums Starter

Re: moulin rouge Posted 18 February 2010
Moulin Rouge! is a 2001 romantic musical film by Baz Luhrmann, who also owned the Paris Olympia. It is best known as the spiritual birthplace of the modern form of the can-can dance. Originally introduced as a seductive dance by the courtesans who operated from the site.
Johankarl
Paris Forums Starter

Re: moulin rouge Posted 19 May 2010
Arts + Entertainment is just one of the best fun Paris may offer. I would suggest visiting Comedie Francaise place Colette.
Sparkling theater acts produced in this theater.
bryan
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: moulin rouge Posted 03 June 2010
Hey Kat! I was just as interested about Moulin Rouge as you. I was so curious that I never missed to see it the last time I was there. And i think it would be a better idea to visit Moulin Rouge by yourself, i mean with a group; not as part of a tour. I think by doing that, you can enjoy the show more knowing that you do not have to follow the schedule of the tour! Either way, i hope you enjoy watching! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Re: moulin rouge Posted 02 September 2010
The film hasn't got that much to do with the actual location. But both are great to see.
groggi42
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris General Chat