1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Just Some Input Please.....

Just some input please..... Posted 08 May 2008
Bonjour!!!!

Me and my fiancee are hoping to move to Paris from England in the near future.
Visiting every year just seems silly when we are in the EU and can "easily" move to our favourite place in the world.
I'm 24, I work as a studio photographer, but I am also trained in childcare. And have experience in catering and retail too.
My fiancee is 28 and works in the concrete industry as a plant manager.
We both speak enough French to get by on holidays but we are using launguage CD's to become more fluent. Its a work in progress!!!!
We are looking at northern or eastern Paris when it comes to renting. Somewhere in the 9th, 10th, 17th or 18th maybe. I think the prices around these areas are among the cheapest in Paris?
I know on the legal side of things our move to Paris would not be hard at all. I just worry slightly about the employment side of things.
It would be great to have some input from someone who has been through the same thing? Or a Parisian with some tips or hints.

Merci!!!!
L x
Teamsawyer
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 09 May 2008
Your fiancee is a plant manager? That sounds like a cool job.
Imho it will be difficult to find something similar in Paris..
Admin
Site Admin

Posted 12 May 2008
He is the Manager of the plant he works in. Are there any quarries around Paris?
Teamsawyer
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 08 September 2008
As long as your French is the second language, believe me it will be a bit difficult. You’d better contact some tourism companies, they would be happy to see somebody with perfect English.
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 13 September 2008
you're a photographer and remember that Paris means fashion, so there will be no problem for you to find a job.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 September 2008
It depends on what type of photographer he is. Not all of them are dealing with models
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
FashionTV may in Paris may need some photographers, try to address to them
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Working for Fashion TV is like working for Wall Street for a banker
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Just some input please..... Posted 02 June 2010
I agree with mixi, on her idea that looking for job might be complicated with the fact that you don't have a good grasp of the French language. However, a photographer may not really need a lot of talking and yes Paris is a fierce fashion city im sure there are a couple of fashion companies who are need of a photographer. I hope your stay in Paris will turn out good for you both! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help