1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Freelance Business - Register In France Also?

Freelance Business - Register in France also? Posted 19 March 2010
Hi there,

I'm planning on moving to Paris for a year (maybe more) and want to continue my freelance web design business. My company and clients are based in Canada but I'm sure I will be working with businesses in France as well.

My question is how do most expats go about the self-employment/small business route? Do you register you business in France and pay the hefty social charges? Or can your French client pay your Canadian company? I know this has been a hurdle in the past, I was hoping they had become more hospitable to entrepreneurial culture over there by now.

Any pointers or advice would be fantastic as I'm just beginning my research :)
chantal3000
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Freelance Business - Register in France also? Posted 04 June 2010
I think moving your business to Paris is a good idea because this city is a favorite destination. Im sure you will be able to meet a lot of people here that you can team up with or can become a regular customer. As with your question about setting up a business in Paris, i came across this site which gives pretty good information about expats who would want to set up business in Paris. Here's the site: http://www.expatica.com/fr/life-in-fran ... 15855.html hope that was of help! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Return to Paris Expat Help