1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

OUT OF PARIS: THE SUN OF MARSEILLE

OUT OF PARIS: THE SUN OF MARSEILLE Posted 20 August 2005
OUT OF PARIS: THE SUN OF MARSEILLE
The endless blue skies and dramatic landscapes of Provence have long inspired painters. From the 18th-century landscapes of Avignon native Joseph Vernet to the mythical 19th-century vistas of Vincent Van Gogh and Gauguin, artists were inspired by a region whose quality of light seemed to sharpen colors and shapes. Cézanne spent years of his life in Provence and many artists made the pilgrimage to visit the master. Signac, Braque, Dufy and Derain all painted important works in the region. In the city of Marseille, whose port was a popular subject for each of these painters, has organized an important show of artists working under the sun of Provence. In September, the exhibition moves to Montreal.

Sous le Soleil Exactement - Le Paysage en Provence. Centre de la Vieille Charité. Through August 21. Open Tuesday to Sunday, 11am-6pm. Closed Monday. 2 rue de la Charité, Marseille. Tel: 04.91.14.58.80.
http://www.mairie-marseille.fr/
ShowMustGoOn
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 14 September 2008
I always here about the Marseille and the French Riviera, is it really that beautiful?
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
I doubt it's a lie
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Planetman wrote:I always here about the Marseille and the French Riviera, is it really that beautiful?

Oh yesss
mixi
Paris forums Member

Re: OUT OF PARIS: THE SUN OF MARSEILLE Posted 10 February 2010
I would love to go to Marseille and the French Riviera! I haven't been here.
leigh0180
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Culture Chat