1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Bonjour!

Bonjour! Posted 04 March 2011
Just arrived in Paris last week to begin a new job in the city. Arriving with limited French, not used it since my GCSE's almost 16 years ago! Finding it not so bad in stores and making basic chit-chat but a long way off conversational.

Currently in a temporary apartment in Le Marais but will be moving somewhere more permanent in the coming month. Working in Boulogne-Billancourt. So far am enjoying Paris and really looking forward to getting settled in to a proper home and beginning to start feeling like a local.

Big football fan and already found a good bar for watching games near Place de Clichy. Also like music, cinema and photography and also history and travel so really excited about the opportunities for absorbing some interesting experiences in and around the city.

Currently alone in the city but my girlfriend is coming over in mid-April, although as another with only basic French we are slightly worried about what she will do for employment!

Basically looking for opportunities to try and make some new acquaintances in the city and start to build up a network of chums and buddies! Both English and French speakers, am really eager to get to a conversational level in French. We are both fairly laid back, easy going and sociable just need a bit of a nudge in the right direction as to good places to start building a social life in Paris.

Well, that's me. Bonjour everyone! :)
sdwilson79
Paris Forums Starter

Return to New Paris Forum Members